Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Patrols, investigates, monitors, and resolves emergencies, high-risk situations, and potential and existing breaches in security, while enforcing established policies to provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, and staff.
- Must have an Associate's degree in Law Enforcement plus two years of progressive experience as a Law Enforcement Officer; OR, must have a Basic Peace Officer Certification plus four years of progressive experience as a Law Enforcement Officer.
- Must meet and maintain eligibility standards for licensing as a Texas Peace Officer.
- Must have a valid Texas Class C Driver License.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to pass typing test with a minimum of 20 words per minute, with no more than three errors.
- Must successfully pass a physical agility assessment.
- Must pass a pre-employment polygraph and psychological evaluation.
- May be subject to further written and/or oral pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to follow, practice and utilize the Peace Officer Weapons Standard and Qualification General Order to ensure the safety of officers, hospital staff, patients and visitors.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to deal with PHHS staff and the public in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Must be able to make sound judgments.
- Must be able to testify in court to present case facts.
Grandfathered Employee Statement:
- Employees in this job who were hired on or before 03/29/14 are exempt from requirement to take/pass the typing test and physical agility assessment.
This job is currently posted on Linkedin.com SF:LI. Please FOLLOW Parkland on Linkedin.com to get the latest information on the Hospital.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.Police Department
To apply for this job, contact: