Full Time Employee
Software Engineer (Job Number:422299)
- SAIC has an opening for a qualified software engineer with its customer, the Sensor Exploitation Applications Department at Sandia National Laboratories.
- The successful candidate will have significant experience software design; debugging and installation, in depth knowledge of C++; software development on Linux systems; ability and willingness to take over maintenance of existing software, make enhancements to existing software, and create new software projects.
- The candidate must be a strong team member who is self-motivated and able to work well individually.
- Applies integrated technical judgment--which requires using the scientific method to recognize and formulate problems, to collect data through observation and experimentation, and to formulate and test hypotheses--to anticipate, innovate, and deliver solutions to Sandia National Laboratories missions.
- Roots the work in the fundamentals of science and engineering while applying a deep understanding of engineering and scientific principles.
- Creates and applies scientific theories and laws and engineering methods used within scientific and engineering disciplines to develop or demonstrate new designs, concepts, materials, machines, products, processes, or systems.
- Uses physical and computational simulation, analysis, and evaluation as inherent activities of development.
- Plans, conducts, and executes Sandia's science and engineering programs within the spectrum of fundamental research, development, or demonstration.
- Participates in the development and application of computational capabilities to solve problems in science and engineering.
- Applies methods and techniques that merge disciplines in science and engineering with computer science.
- Includes the research, development, deployment and in-depth technical support of general scientific and engineering application software and related tools.
- 5 years of formal Software development experience using C/C++
- 1 year of regression experience testing of an actively developed code base
- US DOE L security clearance
- Experience porting code between different hardware architectures
- Experience coding with MatLab
- Experience Cuda Coding, NVidia GPU
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2016, 10:23:23 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE L
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE L
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: