Full Time Employee Contractor
New Grad - PCO
The ideal candidate has demonstrated some experience administering small projects, working in a matrix organization and interacting with clients. Acting as the Project Control Officer (PCO), you will be responsible to formalize, communicate and enforce project information, documentation, daily activities and act as a bridge between the Project Manager, the various project members and the client. You have a some understanding of project management, quality methodologies, risk management and bring at least one year of project related experience, possess a high degree of professionalism, have exceptional written and oral communication skills, and have strong technical knowledge and experience with IT development and consulting. Reporting to one of the BI/EDW Director, and working with the Project Managers, you will be primarily responsible for the following:
- These include, but are not limited to, project charter, plan (WBS), budget, schedule, change management, risk management, issue management, configuration management, QA management, status reporting, etc.;
- Initiate, conduct, control and close projects under the supervision of the Senior Project Managers;
- Assist the Project Managers in the creation of Project Mandates, Change Requests and Project Management Plans;
- Ensure that all deliverables to the client (i.e. all documentation) is defined and presented according to CGI quality standards;
- Perform proper tracking of the project schedule and budget in order to proactively apply corrective actions/measures when necessary.
- Some experience in defining, designing and implementing qualitative processes;
- Hold a certificate, diploma, degree or work related experience in project management, telecom, programming or technology;
- Have some understanding/knowledge of telecom and/or Business Intelligence/Enterprise Data Warehouse;
- Candidates with current knowledge of ISO standards or CGI?s CPMF, quality and project management frameworks will be preferred;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Self-motivated person with dedication and perseverance;
- Analytical and organizational skills;
- Good communication skills for interacting with team members in both English and French;
- Mastering English verbally and written is a must;
- Excellent estimation and scheduling skills;
- Highly motivated and strong desire to work on new technology based solutions;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and on multiple projects at the same time;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint Project, Visio and other project management related applications;
- Good knowledge of Agile methodology.
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who also possess the following:
- Basic understanding of telecom;
- Acquired PMP Certification or be in the process of acquiring the accreditations;
- Be a fast learner;
- Be well organized and proactive.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
To apply for this job, contact: