National Grid (https:\\careers.nationalgridus.com)
Full Time Employee
Recently expanded, the Pressure Regulation (PRE) Department provides consistent, risk-based asset management of Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) assets in addition to managing assets for 1,800 Pressure Regulating stations. Our team culture is self-directed and empowered. PRE team members have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, interacting broadly with various internal stakeholders. PRE develops long and short term investment plans for LNG, CNG and Pressure Regulation assets, providing an energy asset roadmap towards a reliable and sustainable future
About the Position:
As an Engineer in our Network Strategy Engineering Department you will be part of the team located in Melville, New York, compiling and reviewing assessment data for over 500 pressure regulating stations. You will be responsible for station construction and refurbishment. and for developing work scopes for future capital projects in advance of engineering and design.
This position requires station field visits for future scope development.
Collaboration with Project Engineers, Project Managers, Consultants, Regulatory Personnel, and Public Officials.
Required to ensure delivery of the annual work plan.
Requires an ability to "create the future" by introducing new ideas and best practices to improve safety and reliability of stations, heaters, scrubbers, and telemetry equipment. Candidates must be able to effectively introduce and communicate new ideas. Presentation skills are necessary.
You will also provide technical expertise and support to operations, project management, planning, sales departments, as well as external customers.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Create multi-year work plan for Pressure Regulating Assets
- Meet and collaborate with Resource Planning & Project Management to ensure delivery of the work plan
- Create annual work plans one year in advance of engineering
- Collaborate with I&R in prioritizing both proactive and reactive work
- Collaborate with Project Engineering to ensure timely delivery of project designs
- Develop and revise standards for pressure regulation equipment
- Perform budget/project cost estimates, special engineering studies, investigations and calculations as required.
- Represent the department and company at industry meetings
- Participate on PHA Team studies, conduct PHA's, LOPA's
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus a minimum of 2 years of progressive engineering or construction related work experience. BSME or BSCE preferred.
- Previous design or field experience in the natural gas energy industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of pressure regulating equipment
- Knowledge of SCADA and Telemetry equipment
- ASME B31.3, ASME B31.8
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessels
- Hydronic and water bath boilers/heaters
- NFPA Codes
- NEC/NFPA 70
- ISA 84
- Basic Understanding of Process Safety, HAZOP, LOPA, SIS
- Must have a valid driver's license with safe driving history.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid values and celebrates a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusiveness that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
:Gas Systems Eng
:Sep 24, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
To apply for this job, contact: