Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a*New Graduate Software Engineer *to join our team in *Ottawa, Canada.* Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career,, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins Canada is a world leader in wireless communications networking, with products such as high-data-rate HF/VHF/UHF modems and the Self Configuring Relay Network (SCRN) for ad-hoc wireless networks. Rockwell Collins Canada is developing the next generation of HF radios that support significant throughput improvements and ad-hoc networking features, as well as developing Software Defined Radio networking waveforms for customers around the world. We are in need of enthusiastic and creative people to join our team in Ottawa. This role is one of an individual contributor, working under direction of technical leadership.
Job Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
* Participate in definition, specification and design of software features
* Work in a team and individually to develop software according to design and customer requirements
* Perform integration and test procedures and create reports for product compliance
* Participate in the on-going support of applications and products, both in-house and with clients
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience.
* CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP - must either hold or be eligible for a Government of Canada Secret Level Security Clearance and Controlled Good Access
* Experience in C/C and real-time embedded computer architectures
* Object Oriented programming
* Software development experience in Linux operating systems
* Integrated Development Environments such as Eclipse and Visual Studio
* Version Control Systems such as gitpreferred
* Knowledgeable in networking and wireless communication protocols such as TCP, RTP, VoIPpreferred
* Knowledgeable in the software life cycle including definition, requirement analysis and design, implementation, validation and support preferred
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Company Pension and Group Savings Plan
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **RC Canada*
**Title:** *Software Engineer - New Grad, Ottawa*
**Location:** *Canada-Ottawa, Ontario Canada*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000HP*
To apply for this job, contact: