Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Program Manager to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins Communications Products in Cedar Rapids, IA is looking to hire a qualified professional Principal Program Manager. Rockwell Collins is recognized as a world-class provider of aviation electronic and communication solutions for government, the world's aircraft manufacturers and more than 400 airline customers. Rockwell Collins Communication Products specializes in the development and sustainment of state-of-the art communication equipment and is a leader in providing communications solutions for airborne, ground, and maritime environments. The Tactical Airborne Products group provides V/UHF communications systems for over 180 different customers, both domestic and international.
This position provides leadership for Air V/UHF Programs within the Communications, Navigation and Electronic Warfare (CNE) Products Business Area. Primary responsibilities include providing leadership in the areas of planning, organization, and coordination of all functional departments necessary to support the Pursuit & Order Capture (POC) process and fulfillment of customer contractual commitments. This position will be responsible for proposal preparation, order capture, program management, and profit and loss. You will serve as one of the Program Managers, responsible for individual efforts, managing customer expectations, coordinating with Product Line Manager (PLM) on product roadmaps that reflect business unit/customer requirements, and on progress and delivery of customer funded product developments. A key responsibility is to manage customer affinity and to influence customer requirements to Air V/UHF products, specifically the ARC-210 Generation 6 with its advanced networking and cryptographic capabilities. The assigned work tasks will be performed under limited supervision of the Air V/UHF Programs Manager.
Do you have what it takes to be a key contributor to a high performance team that expects nothing less than exceptional results? The ARC-210 Program Management team is seeking a confident, self-motivated individual to help us expand our market share to new airborne platforms and for upgrades to our current US DoD install base. Be a part of the introduction of a completely new generation of products into the market with high visibility pursuit and order capture goals. Do you seek this type of a challenge?
The individual must exhibit the leadership and communications skills to deliver a product that meets the customer expectations. You will be expected to ensure adherence to customer schedules and serve as the primary customer point of contact in communication of program status. You will maintain responsibility for schedule, performance, cost attainment while entrusting the product development to the PLM. You will also be asked to provide/present proposals, status reports, and customer status to senior management.
The position requires:
• The ability to translate customer requirements into creative, executable, affordable solutions
• The ability to quickly assess the costs, benefits, and risks of a decision while using sound logic to ultimately make well-informed decisions
• The ability to work with all levels and disciplines within the organization, as well as across business areas
• The ability to develop and lead high performing pursuit teams
• An understanding of financial business practices and experience with Earned Value
• An understanding of U.S. Government, foreign military sales (FMS), and international procurement practices.
• Prior experience in U.S. DoD acquisition areas is desirable. Strong communications skills and business acumen are extremely important. Travel will be required within the United States and possibly international.
• Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, and eight years of related experience, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree, fourteen years of related experience.
• Applicant must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance.
• US Citizenship is required.
• Experience with pursuit and order capture and the fulfillment of customer contractual commitments
• Experience with developing and executing strategies that grow business through the achievement of pursuit and order capture
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Program/Product Management*
**Organization:** **Tactical Communications Programs*
**Title:** *Principal Program Manager - Air V/UHF Programs*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *PRO000001X8*
To apply for this job, contact: