Full Time Employee
Executive Assistant (Job Number:422308)
The Executive Assistant is responsible for executing a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and activities. This position provides primary support to the Finance Leadership Team including the CFO. The Executive Assistant often works independently with little or no supervision and interacts with Executive Leadership and SAIC staff at all levels in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Absolute confidentiality and a high degree of professionalism are critical to this position.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Create presentations, spreadsheets, meeting minutes and documents as needed and successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables and other tasks that facilitate the Finance Leadership Team the ability to effectively lead the organization. Manage special projects as assigned.
- Provide project management support for key internal and external ?events, including Operational Reviews and Board meetings.
- Proactively take charge of situations and understand the importance and urgency of issues while maintaining a calm and organized environment. Use independent judgment, initiative and tact to make administrative decisions, resolve issues and escalate to the appropriate areas in a timely manner with careful regard for confidentiality and in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. Constantly look for ways to increase organization, improve efficiency, and solve problems while meeting deadlines.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of Finance Leadership, with internal and external stakeholders. Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns and determine appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
- Partner with key administrative staff across the enterprise and provide a bridge for smooth communication between the Finance office and other parts of the company. Demonstrate leadership and professional maturity to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization. Engender credibility and trust with all levels of staff and executive leadership.
- Manage Finance Leadership Team calendars, including internal and external commitments, and coordinate logistics for meetings and special events. Ensure that schedules are followed and respected to optimize schedules. Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas. Timely create and track expense reports and coordinate processing of purchase orders and invoices.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine
their significance and plan their distribution.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Make travel arrangements
- Prepare confidential documents, agendas, and presentations to be presented by the Executives both internally and externally.
- Maintain files; make copies and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular contact with others outside the work group
- Complete various assignments as requested with minimal supervision
- Schedule complex meetings and maintain multiple calendars
- Continuously looks for ways to improve efficiencies of day to day tasks
- Manage all aspects of office administration using independent thinking and judgment with sole discretion for office procedures
- Makes discriminating decisions regarding the distribution/flow of information and work
- Plan networking/teambuilding events for staff
- Manage org chart changes
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of related work experience, preferably supporting a large organization, or 4 additional years of comparable experience in an executive administrative role within a professional business environment in lieu of a degree.
- Advanced level of skills and experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive-level meetings, and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently. Sound judgment and ability to manage through disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Excellent analytical problem solving skills and use of common sense to anticipate and resolve challenges or obstacles resourcefully with diplomacy, efficiency and timeliness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface with internal and external stakeholders with professional maturity, confidentiality and discretion. Enthusiastic, positive, and personable working style with ability to relate well to others and to be a productive and positive member of the team.
- Flexible outlook and attitude and willingness to accept additional assignments and work outside of core hours if needed. Ability to remain calm under pressure, effectively manage new/shifting responsibilities priorities, and handle multiple, complex tasks at any given time.
- Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Experience dealing with Senior Management or Executives in an administrative capacity
- Prior experience supporting executives in a corporate financial environment highly desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 30, 2016, 10:49:05 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: