Full Time Employee
Air Traffic Controller - Radar Simulation Operator – En Route (Job Number:422181)
Air Traffic Controller - Radar Simulation Operator – En Route
FAA Academy - Oklahoma City, OK
SAIC is helping the FAA train the next generation of Air Traffic Controllers as they implement the next generation of Air Traffic Control technology. We need experienced former FAA or military controllers with radar experience who can blend their years of hard-won experience with these leading edge technologies to support the training of the controllers of the future and help ensure the continued safety of our flying public for decades to come. Selected individuals will function in a position titled Radar Simulation Operator at the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City, OK and will play an integral role supporting the instruction and training of FAA new hire En Route Air Traffic Controllers.
This hands-on position will require the successful candidate to be familiar with and apply FAA procedures for the safe and expeditious flow of air traffic in a simulated En Route air traffic environment. The candidate will be expected to effectively and consistently deliver high quality radar control and separation procedures on a simulated Radar position, while interacting as operationally necessary with FAA students who are receiving training on the Radar Associate positions.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellent radar air traffic control and communication skills, as well as functionality in a team based training environment.
At a minimum, the En Route Radar Simulation Operator must have:
- A minimum of 1 year experience in air traffic training (student, instructor, or support staff);
- Experience with Air Traffic simulation platforms (ERAM or comparable Radar simulators) within the last 5 years.
- Experience as an FAA radar controller at an ATC Level 10 or above facility which could be from either a live traffic or in a simulated air traffic environment.
- Have held military controller certification and had both experience and/or training in:
- Communications with FAA En Route Airspace and Operations
- Radar Control
- Air Traffic Simulation
- The En Route Simulation Operator will receive training using FAA procedures and requirements, and is required to achieve technical proficiency running En Route simulation scenarios.
- The En Route Simulation Operator is required to pass both an evaluation scenario and a written exam to receive the required certification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 30, 2016, 2:47:18 PM
Primary Location: United States-OK-OKLAHOMA CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: