Full Time Employee
Computer Aided Designer/Drafter I (Job Number:422250)
Performs tasks in the operation and application of Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment. Creates and modifies detailed drawings using CAD hardware and software from sketches, layouts or notes provided by engineering. Contributes design modifications to facilitate telecommunications network operations or quality of service. Checks drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards. Works with engineers regarding design, construction detail accuracy, drafting standards and Engineering Change Notice/Request documentation. May work with system management including file maintenance, backup and storage.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architectural Drafting with 1 year of related experience
- Associates Degree in Architectural Drafting & 2+ years of related experience will be accepted
- Competent using new AutoCAD tools and new drafting techniques (Autodesk Building Design Suite – Premium 2017 preferred).
- Use XREF, schematic diagrams and standard layering techniques in creating Telecom CAD drawings (structured cabling system, data, video and multi- media) for permit and construction.
- Candidate should have excellent communication and writing skills, including developing and presenting training materials, implementation plans, and diagrams
- Candidate should be familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio and Project
- Associate’s degree in Architectural Drafting or Computer Aided Drafting and Design from an accredited institution.
- Learn and comply with current NASA/government drafting standards – drawing format, annotation, layering and presentation.
- Work and follow schedule of priorities established by Project/Design engineer.
- Prepare Request for Information (RFI) from government customers, contractors, engineers and technicians.
- Familiarity with Document Control Schemes and able to follow organized file system on the network.
- Experience with drafting telecom projects a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Visio or Bluebeam Revu a plus.
- Development of complex network designs drawings to meet customer requirements
- Development of detailed implementation plans related to network projects
- Presentation of proposals for implementation of network projects
- Participation in peer reviews of implementation plans and architecture drawings
- Training/mentoring of other CAD staffs
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 30, 2016, 10:50:05 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MOFFETT FIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: