Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Under the direct supervision of IT Leadership, provides hardware technical support for desktop PCs, laptops, virtual desktops, tablets and other mobile devices, terminals, monitors, PDAs, printers, thin clients, bar-code scanners, audio/visual equipment, telephone handsets, workstation on wheels (WOW) carts, card & badge readers, document scanners, handheld scanners, time clocks, signature pads/ePads, and other connected peripherals. Provides installation/moves/adds/changes (¿IMAC¿), configurations, upgrades and problem resolutions. Assists Manager/Supervisor with Parkland Projects as needed.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in a large, enterprise IT operations environment.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and configuring end-user technologies, which include:
o Hardware (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, handheld devices & peripherals)
o Operating systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows, IOS, Android)
o Software (e.g. MS Office, Adobe Pro, MS Visio, Crystal Reports)
- Experience in a virtualized environment using VMWare Mirage and View a plus.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Prefer Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), or CompTIA A+ certification.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to follow established process and procedures developed to ensure consistent management of enterprise end-user technology solutions.
- Must be detailed oriented and be able to demonstrate the ability to properly document the troubleshooting steps and resolutions for assigned tickets.
- Must have effective communications skills in order to interact with customers and internal IT staff members.
- Must have ability to troubleshoot, identify and resolve problems regarding end-user devices and peripherals.
- Must have basic knowledge of end-user operating systems, hardware and software currently used at Parkland.
- Must have knowledge of basic network and telecommunications concepts.
- Must be customer service oriented.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.IT Serv Area-Desktop Support
To apply for this job, contact: