Full Time Employee Contractor
The successful candidate for the mechanic position will support worldwide fielding and training activities and maintain a fleet of standard military vehicles including generators, trailers and vehicles (HMMWV through 5 Ton).
• Conducts Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services
• Performs operator through organizational maintenance
• Troubleshoots and identifies the need for depot level services
• Mounts/dismounts shelters
• Conducts inspections prior to shipment via line haul, rail, sea and air
• Functions as master driver responsible for driver's training for other contractors and government personnel.
• Must have five years of experience as a journeyman heavy equipment mechanic.
• Must have a minimum ten (10) years of experience in performing checks and repairs on equivalent types of engines, carburetors, transmissions, differentials, final drives, and suspensions.
• Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to perform a variety of mechanical and skilled maintenance tasks.
• Performs skilled operations in making general repairs on gasoline or diesel motor equipment such as tractors, trucks, generators and compressors.
• Installs, maintains and repairs motors and generators.
• Replaces fixtures, fuses, indicators, sensors and makes minor electrical installations.
• Installs and maintains cooling system components, piping, traps, valves, gauges, pumps and other accessories and fittings.
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
• Military experience is desired
• Possession of US Army HAZMAT/Hazardous Communication certification is desired
• Possession of a Class A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred
**Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to **classified information.
More Information: This job opening is just one of the many openings we have. For more information about ManTech, visit us at our web site www.mantech.com and click on CAREERS. ManTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are urged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job, contact: