Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal patient responses for all patients through patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Prefer Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Must have two years of experience of Mother Baby experience.
- Must have current RN license or valid temporary permit with the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license
-Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Medication Examination on file.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff and serve as a preceptor.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
To apply for this job, contact: