General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
The Technical Editor reports to the Mission Readiness Lead within the Mission Support Division of the DoD-Defense Industrial Base (DIB) Collaborative Information Sharing Environment (DCISE) at the Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) in Linthicum, MD. The Technical Editor will be primarily responsible for reviewing cyber threat analysis reports, publications, and briefings to ensure they conform to DoD and DCISE standards.
* Edit analysis products including reports, briefings, and assessments, facilitate understanding of cyber threat entities and environments.
- Author various papers, standard operating procedures, instructions, requirements documents, and technical documents as requested
- Ensure all DCISE products are correctly marked with security classifications
- Perform Data Transfer Agent duties
- Review reports, briefs, assessments, and various papers for the DC3 Foreign Disclosure Officer
- Adhere to the DCISE analysis style guide and product templates
* Manage the DCISE quality control production and dissemination processes
* Develop position papers and briefings based on research
* Perform peer review for SOPs as assigned
* Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism or a related discipline.
* 8-10 years of related experience preparing and editing technical documentation.
* Must possess or have previously possessed a Field Report Number and experience writing and/or evaluating IIR reports, or have experience writing and/or evaluating relevant intelligence products
* Extensive experience processing, typing, editing, using office machines, databases, conducting internet research and Microsoft Office Suite applications
* Ability to rapidly summarize large amounts of data and provide a gist, summary or synopsis of that material in a limited amount of time
* Proficient in IC Standard classification markings for intelligence reporting
* Excellent communication (written) skills are a must
* Excellent organizational skills are required
* Completion of NCS SIGINT Reporters Course, or similar reporting course
* Completion of DCITA CAC course or similar
* CISSP or GIAC certification preferred
* BA Journalism or Military Public Affairs experience
* Certified as, or experience performing as, a Foreign Disclosure Officer
* Familiarity with the IIR format as described in Chapter 7 of the DIAM 58-12 (DoD HUMINT
* Management System) and the Joint Military Attaché School IIR Cookbook
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: