Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
We are currently searching for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our team in Sterling, VA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Become part of an exciting team focused on the development of the systems and software for the B-52 Training System. This team is responsible for bringing the B-52 trainer in line with the aircraft software, and putting forth white papers and plans to help the air force take the B-52 training to new heights for the next 20 years.
The Simulator & Training Systems (STS) Fixed Wing and Mission Systems Engineering department seeks a Senior Engineering Manager to lead a team of engineers in the development of new and exciting simulation systems and products. The Senior Engineering Manager role is comprised of two main functions, a technical portion and a leader portion. In the technical area this role has direct responsibility for leadership and management of systems/software development activities from identifying stakeholders and capturing originating requirements/operational concepts, high level requirements, and detailed requirements development through code development, design and integration and finally through test and certification. Candidate should have prior engineering experience with simulation systems or strong knowledge from avionics subsystem software domains such as flight displays or flight management systems. Ideally the candidate would also have some cybersecurity/information assurance knowledge in regards to security concerns for software development.
The candidate will also be responsible for identifying the necessary staff, facilities and equipment needed for successful execution of projects. Candidates must have strong technical, leadership and organizational skills as well as project management experience. The candidate will be expected to spend a significant portion of their time in a direct technical role. The candidate should show the ability to unleash energy within a team through passion and enthusiasm.
• Responsible for success of the team in meeting planned program milestones and activities.
• Actively participates in team’s technical activities in order to coach and influence the team.
• Responsible for adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements, along with planning and budgeting.
• Assigns technical resources to work assignments.
• Actively addresses employee performance and development, both issues and career growth.
• Oversees and participates in development of engineering bids to ensure success
• Responsible for building a team including the on-boarding and assimilation of new hires.
• This position may require occasional travel both domestically
• Responsible for interacting with program management to ensure that scope is managed.
If you're looking for an opportunity to join a fast paced team, with opportunities for growth than this team could be the perfect fit for you. The B-52 team will allow you the opportunity to experience all facets of Rockwell Collins STS development and be closely aligned with our Air Force customer to bring the best possible experience to the warfighters of today and tomorrow.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface with Executive Managers, Program Managers and Operations Managers across all business areas within Rockwell Collins. In addition to communication with those functional areas, the candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to create and leverage powerful networks.
• Experience in avionics simulation systems development, verification/validation, and interfaces would be beneficial.
• Strong teamwork orientation is a must.
• Familiarity with systems engineering processes and requirements and design capture tools including DOORS, ALM, Jama, ClearQuest, Subversion and PREP (or similar peer review tool) is desirable.
• Candidate must be well organized and able to communicate effectively with engineering, leadership and customers.
• Experience in supporting pursuit activities, including bids and proposals is desired
• Experience with performing bid and pursuit efforts
• An understanding of various aircraft interfaces such as ARINC 610, ARINC 429, ARINC 661, ARINC 664, ARINC 453, and MIL-STD-1553.
Must Have Requirements:
• US Citizenship
• Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience.
• Must have a software development background and the ability to show understanding of software development concepts such as MOSA, Object Oriented Design, Multi-threaded coding, etc.
• Must be able to show experience in leading a team.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Engineering Support*
**Organization:** **STS Engineering-Mgmt*
**Title:** *Senior Engineering Manager - STS Fixed Wing and Mission Systems*
**Location:** *Virginia-Sterling, VA*
**Requisition ID:** *ENG000000PI*
To apply for this job, contact: