Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Senior Enterprise Management System Specialist (Job Number:422359)
SAIC is hiring a Senior Enterprise Management System Specialist
to support our SEC Project in Washington, DC
SAIC is seeking a talented Enterprise Management System Specialist to support the SEC Enterprise Management Team.
The Enterprise Management System Team supports the SEC Enterprise Architecture Teams with engineering and technical services to support business needs with appropriate technology (hardware or software). This includes architectural design, engineering design, proof of concept development, pilots, analysis, results, and documentation.
The Enterprise Management System Team provides assistance identifying solutions that:
a) Map functional requirements into technological requirements;
b) Identify technologies that meet the technological requirements;
c) Conduct proof of concept, pilots, and demos for the purposes of evaluating the suitability of given technologies for meeting requirements;
d) Evaluate trade-offs between competing solutions;
e) Develop quantitative driven analysis of alternatives;
f) Produce written analysis of research; and
g) Produce written recommendation papers that clearly describe the process followed, alternatives considered, evaluation criteria, and rationale for recommendation and need for additional work.
The Enterprise Management System Team will use studies, methodologies, tools, and services in the conduct of their work including, but not limited to:
- application performance management (APM)
- systems performance management (SPM)
- network performance management (NPM) design and implementation
- systems analysis and design
- system feasibility studies
- systems integration
- data conversion and implementation support
- database planning and design
- network services
The Enterprise Management Systems Specialist will be assigned to the first shift and will be expected to:
- Participate in an on-call rotation;
- Support night and weekend maintenance activities; and
- Provide emergency response support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, within a 2-hour response window.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years’ experience. Additional experience in lieu of a Degree is acceptable.
- 5+ years of scripting experience with Korn shell or other similar scripting languages.
- Experience performing file transfers using ssh, scp, ftp and sftp commands and pattern matching techniques.
- 1+ year of experience with NetIQ Operations Management and App Manager.
- Develop testing methodologies for the scripts and performing peer reviews.
- Requirements gathering including meeting with the service owner. Will be responsible documenting the requirements and getting approval from the customer.
- ITIL Foundations Certification
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance prior to starting work
Securities and Exchange Commission Headquarters (SEC) in Washington, DC
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 4, 2016, 7:31:48 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: