Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Security Specialist to join our team in Columbia, MD. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Columbia, MD. Relocation to the Columbia Area is required.
Be a part of a dynamic, forward-thinking security team. Join Rockwell Collins and help us protect the war fighter while securing the country’s future.
This position is responsible for coordinating, interpreting, implementing and enforcing Security policies and procedures in accordance with the Department of Defense (DoD) National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and other government agency directives.
We are seeking a Facility Security Officer (FSO) / Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) having a minimum of three years’ industrial security experience. This position will be responsible for maintaining the facility’s industrial security program and serve as the primary point of contact in reviewing and implementing client-specific security procedures for collateral and Special Access Programs.
Security functions to be performed will include, but are not limited to:
• processing personnel security clearances / PARs
• reviewing and preparing DD254s
• conducting security education, awareness and training
• preparing for security compliance reviews/audits (internal and external)
• maintaining accountability and control of classified documents, COMSEC material and equipment
• providing oversight of classified information systems (IS)
• administering security briefings and debriefings
• conduct administrative inquiries and investigations
• preparing visit requests (VRs)
• Collecting data for metrics and analysis
The individual will oversee and ensure the enterprise admittance and badging policy is carried out, to ensure a safe and secure working environment for employees and visitors. They will also participate in physical security risk assessments and implement physical security measures. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Corporate Security Director.
• A Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or, in the absence of a degree, six years of related experience
• An active Top Secret clearance with current SSBI
• A comprehensive knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP), TS/SCI and Special Access Programs
• Working knowledge of DoD Manual 5205.07 Vol1-4
• Knowledge and understanding of SCIF/ SAPF construction standards requirements
• Must be willing to travel domestically – Minimum travel (25-50%), generally supporting other company facilities in the Beltway
• Completion of DSS Facility Security Officer coursework
• Completion of DSS NISPOM Chapter 8 Course and RMF coursework desired
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
? Medical, dental, and vision insurance
? Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
? Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
? Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
? An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
? Tuition reimbursement
? And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Facility & Government Security*
**Title:** *Senior Security Specialist (FSO/ CPSO)*
**Requisition ID:** *SEC0000004X*
To apply for this job, contact: