General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
This position is an integral part of a team to provide new functionality and enhancements to a web-based application that supports training management for the U.S. Army. Current focus is to stand-up a new Content Management System (CMS) to support the Army Training Network (ATN) using a commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) ASP.NET product (Kentico CMS).
This position’s primary duty is to provide installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of networks as it relates the new ATN CMS.
* Assist Government with establishing and managing a Development, Test, and Staging environment.
* Installs and configures Content Management System (CMS) software, ensuring software builds are complete and correct.
* Integrates customized web parts provided by the development team into the CMS environment.
* Provides technical support and assists development team with application and regression testing.
* Identify and mitigate operational risks and technical issues without sacrificing product performance and delivery objectives.
* Work directly with client to directly assess operations, understand needs.
* Coordinate CMS releases for Government testing and approval.
* Generate documentation and software release to be transferred to the Government Production environment.
* Work with Government and the development team to connect with databases outside the CMS database and gather data for uses in CMS.
* Administrator and Manage user accounts, Content files, META data, CMS templates, etc.
* Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 5-8 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
* Microsoft CE certification
* 2+ years experience in configuration management for software and database development utilizing Visual Studio and TFS build processes
* 2+ years experience working with software systems with 3+ year of development experience in ASP.Net and C#.
* 2+ years experience in database analysis, specifically MS SQL Server 2008
* 2+ years experience testing software web systems
* Experience working with Agile development methodologies
* Experience working with infrastructure teams in support of networking servers and storage
* Ability to communicate with geographically dispersed team members at all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle such as Developers, Testers, Project Managers, Support Staff, and the Government.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: