Full Time Employee
System Analyst (Job Number:422415)
SAIC has an opening for a System Analyst position located in Springfield, VA.
Position Description: The Vanguard 2.2.1 program is seeking a qualified professional to perform as an operations technical resource in support of the Department of State’s (DoS) Bureau of Information and Resource Management (IRM). The operations organization provides administrator levels 1/2/3 Information Technologies (IT) support for Microsoft active directory and domain controllers’ technologies to domestic and overseas embassies and consulates. The candidate will be responsible creating and maintaining policies and procedures that govern operations services. This includes analyze and provide performance based and operational metrics reports. The position also requires the proven ability to ensure the highest standard of system maintenance, monitor system performance, install windows server software (patches, etc.), maintain reliable system operation procedures, system availability data, training sessions for operations staff and support the change management procedures.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment. The team performs end-user support, incident and service request management, maintenance and monitoring to ensure quality delivery of services to IRM users globally across the enterprise on a 24x7x365 basis. A current or interim security clearance is required for consideration.
Description of Duties System Analyst:
- Create and maintain policies and procedures that govern service operations.
- Provide general guidance and training to operations staff on implementing technical procedures.
- Write and maintain technical documentations and ensure change control processes are adhered to.
- Analyze and provide performance based and operational metrics reports.
- Perform as queue manager analysis to ensure work assignments are distributed equitably across the work force; and performed in sufficient quantity and quality.
- Develop and maintain operational management plans/processes, SOPs, OLAs, SLAs and other operations service level agreements.
- Analyze and recommend continuous service improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor in related technical discipline and 6+ years of experience, or equivalent working experience, in Operations/Production support roles in the technology industry supporting a 24x7x365 environment
- Possess a positive attitude in identifying problems, take ownership, and provide solutions.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIPs
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views as well as gives and welcomes feedback.
- Experience performing requirements analysis, system patching, testing and management of complex IT systems
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently and think outside the box
- Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements.
- Must have an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Familiarity with DoS processes – Preferred
- Familiarity with the System Administration (Windows 10 and Server 2008, 2012, etc.)
- Ability to apply ISO 20K/ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- ITIL v3 certifications.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong writing skills.
Shift Schedule: Days
Travel: Occasional travel (up to 10%) may be required within the Washington DC metro area.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2016, 1:39:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: