Full Time Employee
System Center Engineer (Job Number:422387)
- The Systems Center Engineer provides overall Systems Center support.
- Tasks include monitoring, maintenance, reporting, troubleshooting, software packaging, package delivery, reporting, automation configuration and repair of the Systems Center suite.
- Configuration of system components will be required.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- This position can be performed remotely or on site.
- There will be a minimal requirement for onsite work on a reoccurring basis.
- The Systems Center Engineer will install and manage all components of the System Center suite of applications.
- Overall support of customer end-users, by resolving complex issues on our core applications/systems.
- Packaging and deploying security patches, operating systems, and gathering deployment statistics.
- Additional duties may include capacity planning, project management, and supporting a variety of other related technologies.
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- To be successful, the candidate must possess competencies in Microsoft Windows and System Center engineering, installation, service design, software package delivery, and support in an environment that uses Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, System Center 2012 R2 Hyper-V Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 desktops.
- The ideal candidate should also be proficient with orchestration and report creation.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5+ years of experience in a broad range of assignments in technical tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility.
- The candidate must be Microsoft Certified; an MCSE is preferred.
- The Systems Center Engineer must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate needs to possess strong problem-solving skills as they relate to analysis, troubleshooting, and isolation of complex issues.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with automation and scripting would be a plus.
- Any of the following IT certifications are also desirable for this position: Security+, ITIL, DevOps.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2016, 10:19:09 AM
Primary Location: United States-MO-KANSAS CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: