Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Radios are what got Rockwell Collins started, Radio Tuning Software allows operators of a Rockwell Collins avionics suite to perform one of the most important tasks while flying: Communicate.
Join the team that provides this critical capability to our primary customers, aircraft pilots.
Our highly motivated and multi-functional team of systems and software engineers has an opportunity to join our team as a Senior Software Engineer. Responsible for designing, developing, testing and supporting industry-leading avionics systems. This team wants you to be a part of creating the next generation avionics platform. As part of this team you will help apply these systems to a wide range of aircraft as we lay the foundation for the business and regional market for the next decade.
• Requirements Development
• Software Development
• Aircraft systems integration support
• Project Engineer Responsibilities
The ideal candidate is a team-first engineer that is committed to team success by helping others succeed. The candidate must be a self-starter, meet delivery commitments, task-switch effectively, manage unplanned events, and identify, champion and implement technical and process improvements. This individual must be able to communicate, both written and verbally, with all levels in the organization. The candidate must have excellent problem solving, data analysis and decision making skills.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Aircraft related industry standards for systems and software development
• Real-time, embedded systems and processing
• Integrated modular avionics
• C/Matlab Simulink/VAPS graphical tool/Eclipse for Model-based development
• DOORS, JIRA, Subversion, PREP
• Agile Development strategies and commitment
Additional experience desired:
• FAA certification of avionics equipment, aircraft radio tuning and development of products in an integrated architecture
• A basic understanding of the challenges and opportunities presented by a model-based development environment would be beneficial.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Avionics Programs Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Software Engineer - Radio Tuning System (Cedar Rapids, IA)*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000HU*
To apply for this job, contact: