Full Time Employee
Senior Optical Engineer (Job Number:422392)
SAIC is looking for top talent to join our team supporting a rewarding critical program as a Senior Optical Engineer in the Northern Virginia area. Qualified candidates must have a current TS level clearance with polygraphs.
SAIC has an immediate, full-time opening for a highly motivated senior level Optical Engineer with experience evaluating end to end fiber optic telecommunication systems. This individual must be able to work independently as well as in a team and have strong problem solving skills. This position offers stimulating work that evolves with the leading edge of state of the art fiber optic technologies, working with highly capable partners in the industry. This rewarding position provides high visibility within our customer bases.
The Senior Optical Engineer will:
- Generate and evaluate specifications and interface documentation for end to end fiber optic telecommunication systems.
- Analyze and evaluate line termination equipment for fiber optic telecommunication systems.
- Analyze and evaluate line monitoring equipment for fiber optic telecommunication systems.
- Generate optical power link budget analyses on program fiber optic telecommunication systems.
- Generate technical reports on topics of high interest to customer programs.
- Conduct routine open source research on trends and new products in the fiber optic telecommunication industry and report on the impacts of new technologies on current and future customer programs.
Qualified candidates must have a current TS level Clearance with polygraphs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MS in Physics, Electrical, or Optical Engineering (or equivalent) and 18+ years of work experience.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience working with and analyzing fiber optic telecommunication systems.
- A willingness to support monthly travel of up to 25% of time.
- Location within commuting range of the Northern Virginia area.
Candidates with significant experience designing and analyzing fiber optic telecommunications systems are highly desired. Prior work for a fiber optic telecommunication system provider is considered a plus but is not essential. The ability to work well individually as well as a part of a team and to effectively interface with customers, other contractors, and vendors is essential.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 6, 2016, 6:41:46 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI Full Scope Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI Full Scope Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: