General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
To provide technical and programming skills necessary to work in .NET framework 4.0 using C#. Development will include new functionality and enhancements to a web-based application that supports training management for the U.S. Army.
Specific functions include:
* Web Application development in C# and SQL Server query generation
* Development of Ad-hoc and Standard system reports
* Performance of system upgrades to ensure currency of application version
* Execution of system updates to ensure compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) regulations
* Coordination with analysts to develop and improve system capabilities
* Coordination with database administrator to ensure system operates optimally
* Coordination with users; technical staff; and analysts to resolve application issues
* Participation in Configuration Control activities to coordinate new system requirements and/or configuration changes
* Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
* Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
* Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
* Writes or updates software specifications.
* Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
* Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
* Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
* Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
* Analyzes detail systems factors; including input and output requirements; information flow; hardware and software requirements; and reliability characteristics.
* Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
* Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
* May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience. Security plus certifications preferred.
5-8 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience. 5+ years ASP.NET (C#) web development with understanding of:
* ASP.Net; Webforms and Server-Side scripting
* Secure coding practices
* Proficiency in Visual Studio 2010 with an understanding of Team Foundation Server (Source Control & Issue Tracking)
* Strong understanding of MS SQL2008 (TSQL; schemas; query optimization)
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance
Additional Skills Desired:
* Independent worker motivated to achieve goals and meet deadlines
* Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team
* DoD job experience desired
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: