First Citizens Bank (www.fcb.com)
Full Time Employee
SQL Database Administrator
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
Apply with LinkedIn
Job ID #: 26725
Functional Area: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time Exempt
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 4 years
Days and Hours: M-F / 8 - 5
Physical Address: 100 East Tryon Road, Raleigh, NC 27603
Department Name: Information Technology
First Citizens Bank is one of the top financial services providers in the nation, recognized and awarded for our customer satisfaction, sustainable profitability, and overall stability and security. Our associates make First Citizens Bank a great place for our clients to do business. Those who grow, achieve and succeed with First Citizens Bank are those who share our core values of integrity, service excellence and stability.
As a SQL Database Administrator, you will be a member of Data Management team. This position is responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. A successful candidate for this position will have a service oriented mentality, and is willing to work within a team as well as able to work independently.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents and requests.
- Implementation of new instances and databases.
- Working with application teams in support of new and existing solutions.
- Executing and monitoring database backups and restores.
- Performing performance tuning/query optimization.
- Supporting day to day operations.
- Documentation of work, as well as maintenance of existing standards and procedures.
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of work experience as a Microsoft SQL Server DBA in an enterprise data center environment.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 6 years of work experience as a Microsoft SQL Server DBA in an enterprise data center environment.
- Microsoft database clustering using active/passive methodology
- SQL Server replication technologies such as log shipping or mirroring
- SQL Server 2012 Always On Technology
- SQL Server 2008 (and higher) experience
- Expertise in performance monitoring and tuning
- Strong technical abilities, quick study of new technology via on the job training, the intellect to resolve complex problems logically and methodically, and good judgment to involve and communicate with vendors, senior level technicians, and management
- Ability to be on call 24 x 7 x 365 in a team rotation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Idera tool suites.
- Certifications such as MCP, MCSE, ITIL.
- Experience with CommVault backup.
- Scripting experience.
- Banking/financial services industry experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: