Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine? Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Sr Systems Engineer - Communications Advanced Data Links
The Government Systems Communication Advanced Data Links Products Team is offering a senior systems engineer position, where you will be part of a multi-functional team comprised of Systems and Hardware engineers. This team focuses its efforts on new designs, product design enhancements, integration and test, and manufacturing support for our data link products.
Successful candidates will be responsible for performing under limited supervision all tasks normally associated with the Systems engineering discipline including bid and proposal work, requirements definitions, design and development, integration and test, and factory support. As product leads, our systems engineers must be able to interact with business development, program management, and our customers.
Position may include up to 10% travel.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified candidates.
Candidates must have the following skills or qualifications:
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining and maintaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Bachelor's Degree in applicable Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Have knowledge/experience in hardware engineering development
* Have direct experience with RF communication products in design, test or support
* Experience using engineering lab equipment: oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers and signal generators is required
* Experience with EMC Features
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Direct experience with RF designs (HF through S-band frequencies) and radio systems integration support
* Analog, digital, and RF troubleshooting skills at the circuit card and system level
* Experience capturing and maintaining requirements
This is a great opportunity to put your skills to good use and obtain some valuable industry experience, supporting our military programs, while working for a reputable Aerospace Defense Company. At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Communications Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Systems Engineer - Communications Advanced Data Links*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SYS000000VF*
To apply for this job, contact: