Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Financial Analyst to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is part of Government Fiscal Relations (GFR), a team of financial professionals performing moderate to complex financial analyses in a dynamic environment. GFR’s primary role is to serve as a liaison between Rockwell Collins and the US Government contracting oversight agencies in all matters related to indirect cost rates, including forward pricing, claimed, and billing rates. The majority of the team’s work is performed as a business partner internally, working closely with business unit/shared service financial analysts and leaders to prepare, analyze, and communicate rates. Roles are periodically rotated within the department to enhance analysis skills, interface with multiple functions across the enterprise, and gain exposure to all facets of rate administration.
• Lead moderate to complex projects that cross functional area and Business Unit boundaries.
• Provide in-depth analysis on indirect cost rate issues as requested by internal management and external government contracting oversight agencies, and effectively communicate the results of the analysis to the same.
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with government contracting oversight agencies.
• Perform some duties related to indirect cost rates such as supporting incurred cost audits and preparing schedules for incurred cost proposals.
• Develop a working knowledge of the company’s billing, proposal, and costing systems as well as Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or in absence of a degree, six years related experience.
• Experience with Excel
• Experience within SAP, preferred
• Ability to balance multiple priorities, produce quality work, and meet deadlines while receiving minimal direction and oversight from management.
• Ability to provide succinct oral and written communication on complex issues to internal management and external government contracting oversight agencies.
• Strong analytical skills as evidenced by past work experience in decision support roles.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
? Medical, dental, and vision insurance
? Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
? Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
? Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
? An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
? Tuition reimbursement
? And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Internal Control-Compliance*
**Title:** *Principal Financial Analyst*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *ANA00000019*
To apply for this job, contact: