Full Time Employee
Solaris Systems Administrator/Developer (Job Number:422363)
The primary function will be to provide advanced support for Solaris 11 and Red Hat Linux as well as network planning and storage support throughout the lifecycle of the program. Assistance with training users and producing documentation through team and individual efforts will be required. Participates in design and implementation of systems as well as providing inputs to the design and implementation of supported systems. Travel may be required.
The Analytics Visualization Laboratory (AnVL) Infrastructure team operates and maintains the infrastructure for net-centric, web based systems that are used by various Department of the Army Program Offices to visualize critical data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will be expected to maintain Oracle SuperCluster M7.
- Candidate will be expected to build and maintain Solaris 11 server architecture on Oracle SuperCluster M7.
- Candidate will be expected to analyze current enterprise resources and makes recommendations for capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Candidate must have experience with SAN storage technologies.
- Candidates will be expected to analyze and troubleshoot Solaris SPARC and Linux Systems.
- Candidates will be expected to develop and test SW fixes in a lab environment with operationally representative testbeds.
. Candidates must be able to professionally interact with the end user to train them and work with them to meet new requirements and needs.
Education and Experience:
A degree in Computer Science or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
Minimum of 5 years? experience supporting IT infrastructure systems.
Candidates must be have experience with Solaris and Linux architecture and design as well as knowledge and understanding of Solaris and Linux Backups and Disaster Recovery.
Must have experiencing patching and monitoring systems.
Must have certifications:
OS, SEC+ or CISSP, and (Oracle OCA Solaris 11 or higher) or (Linux + and Red Hat).
Preferred experience with the STIG process.
Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 13, 2017, 9:34:50 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: