Full Time Employee
VMware and Windows Administrator (Job Number:422364)
The primary function will be to provide administrative support for VMware and Windows applications and security as well as with troubleshooting and VM management throughout the lifecycle of the program. Additionally DR planning, implementation and storage shares will be required. Assistance with training users and producing documentation through team and individual efforts will be required. Participates in design and implementation of systems as well as providing inputs to the design and implementation of supported systems. Travel may be required.
The Analytics Visualization Laboratory (AnVL) Infrastructure team operates and maintains the infrastructure for net-centric, web based systems that are used by various Department of the Army Program Offices to visualize critical data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will provide advanced level support for Microsoft Windows servers.
- Candidate will provide advanced level support for VMware.
- Candidate must have experience in management/optimization of these Windows Server technologies to include SQL Server, System Center (SCCM, SCOM), SharePoint, etc. on VMWare.
- Candidate must have experience with SAN storage technologies.
- Candidates will be expected to analyze, understand, build, VMware Infrastructure and OS systems within VMware.
- Candidates will be expected to develop and test SW fixes in a lab environment with operationally representative testbeds.
. Candidates must be able to professionally interact with the end user to train them and work with them to meet new requirements and needs.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Education and Experience:
A degree in Computer Science or relevant experience (4+ years) in lieu of degree.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting IT infrastructure systems.
Must have experience with VMware and Windows and must understand backup requirements and planning for VMware products as well as understand VMware networking infrastructure.
Must have OS, SEC+ or CISSP, and VCP Certifications.
Preferred experience with the STIG process.
Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 14, 2016, 4:12:13 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: