First Citizens Bank (www.fcb.com)
Full Time Employee
Manager Quantitative Analysis
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
Apply with LinkedIn
Job ID #: 27111
Functional Area: Risk Management
Employment Type: Full-Time Exempt
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 8 years
Days and Hours: Monday - Friday
Physical Address: 4300 Six Forks Rd
Department Name: Risk Analytics
This position manages the model research and development team and supports the Risk Analytics organization and its ownership of enterprise-wide stress testing, allowance for loan and lease losses, and ad-hoc requests for quantitative modeling.
- Research and develop all ad-hoc modeling requests from Bank management, including exploration of loss given default and probability of default models, analysis of portfolio concentrations, etc.
- Develop and maintain statistical models for enterprise-wide stress testing using scenarios as prescribed by Senior Management and/or the Federal Reserve Board. Owns development and implementation of the back-testing program to test the accuracy of models in production and evaluate potential models.
- Works closely with Risk Analytics Technical Writer to ensure all processes related to model development and variable selection are clearly and adequately documented.
- Effectively partners with numerous regulatory agencies and auditors including the Federal Reserve, the FDIC, and the North Carolina Commissioner of Banks for requests related to modeling processes.
- Manage Risk Analytics Consultants to include: Recruit vacant and new positions; coach and mentor staff; provide performance feedback, annual performance evaluations, salary reviews, goal setting and individual development plans.
Post graduate degree in a quantitative discipline with a minimum of 6 years experience in analytics in financial services industry to include at least 2 years in a management role.
Bachelor degree with a minimum of 8 years experience in analytics in financial services industry to include at least 2 years in a management role.
Experience with vendor statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, MatLab, R, and S+.
Experience with financial risk modeling, market risk, credit risk, and/ or operational risk.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively while meeting tight deadlines.
Strong relationship building and management skills.
Ability to demonstrate initiative and commitment to achieving results.
Position requires strong organizational skills, a high level or detail, advanced spreadsheet and database knowledge.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
Professional certification or designation(such as CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFSA).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: