Tatitlek Corporation (http://www.tatitlek.com/)
Full Time Employee
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Perform tasks at commercial and military installations to construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, concrete, metal, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter's hand tools and power tools. Must be comfortable working 40-70 feet above the ground, in a lift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Construction work on commercial and military buildings.
- Install hollow metal frames and doors and wood frames and doors.
- Install commercial door hardware.
- Experience with all facets of carpentry, formwork, framing and finish.
- Build and install concrete formwork.
- Install reinforcing steel and place concrete per construction plans.
- Follow direction and work with other crafts.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Installing equipment and machines, to meet specifications.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Non - Essential Duties:
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications – Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in Commercial Carpentry building trades.
- One (1) year experience operating a backhoe.
- Two (2) year experience with Concrete Formwork experience.
- ANSI Z41 approved protective footwear.
- Proof of insurance and acceptable driving record
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Current First Aid Certification.
- Journeyman carpenter certificate.
- Forklift certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including occupational safety and health regulations.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and written work narratives a must.
- Must be comfortable with a high intensity work environment.
- Ability to read and understand plans and be able to lay-out the work.
- Ability to work in environment that involves heights.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around the construction sites; see, hear and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing, lifting, use of ladders, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching, squatting, stretching, bending for prolonged periods of time; at times lift and carry up to as much at 45 pounds; near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels. May require use of forklift and/or platform lift.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires driving and working out of doors in extreme heat/cold and possibly rainy weather and be able to work shifts if needed. Must be comfortable with a high intensity work environment. Noise levels are typical for commercial construction sites.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
ANSI Z41 approved protective footwear required .Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record required. Reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations. As a condition of employment, candidates for posted positions must have acceptable background check results and pass a pre-employment drug screening. This position may be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing on an unannounced basis.
To apply for this job, contact: