Sears Holdings Corporation (http://jobs.sears.com/vet/learnmore_military.html)
Full Time Employee
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Provides disciplined leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team and self accountable for results.
• Adhere to the Assistant Store Manager scheduling requirements (weekly exceptions must be approved by the Store Manager)
o 95% of time spent on the sales floor
o Minimum of 2 nights per week
o Minimum of 2 weekends per month scheduled during peak hours (e.g., Friday night, Saturday mid-day through evening, Sunday)
• Follows the weekly Playbook processes to develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
• Inspects departments and consults with associates daily to identify opportunities and develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
• Executes customer focused strategies, policies and programs as measured by Customer Satisfaction Survey data and verbatim comments.
• Selects, develops and manages performance of individuals and team, measured by appropriate performance reports/scorecards/dashboards.
• Attracts, hires and on-boards store staff as measured by appropriate performance scorecard, retention and new hire survey results.
• Executes the client’s (brand/business) plan consistently across departments and provide ongoing fact based feedback to Store Manager and appropriate business including competitive intelligence.
• Ensure consistent delivery of acceptable compliance scores as measured by the Standards Based Store Visit & Client Commitment tools, including effective completion of:
o Replenishment (Fill Floor, Out of Stock)
o Employment compliance and retention
o Selling skills and processes including selling tools (Cyber Scholar, Sales Today)
o Recruiting, staffing and scheduling (SSG) to meet LRQ scheduled vs. worked requirements with intense focus on nights and weekends
o Business Literacy, Assortment Accuracy, Take it Home Today, Display Disposition/Floor Sample processes
o Floor sets and resets(Adjacency changes, POG’s, MSP)
o Ready All Day compliance
o Pricing accuracy (ad sets, markdown, clearance)
o Protection Agreement and Merchandise Replacement Agreement opportunities
o Training completion and associate role playing
o Employee communication and recognition
• Focuses and invests time on customer facing activities including selling and operational support processes.
• Ensures the department is “Location Certified” and every associate is “Role Certified” to do his/her job.
• Recognizes and proactively addresses outliers in customer satisfaction, sales, profit margin, operation process, and compliance against plan or established standards including unit integrity and seasonal merchandising.
• Embeds the Company return policy and Pledge of Fairness.
• Creates and maintains a culture of winning that resonates with associates.
LEADERSHIP BEHAVIORS Customer Focused:
• Expects and inspects core processes and “clean and bright” standards.
• Expects and inspects execution of clients’ merchandising and operating plans.
• Provides first person coaching and leadership on the execution of action plans based on the weekly Playbook process, daily department walks, Customer Satisfaction Survey learnings, customer verbatims, and customer/associate interactions.
• Is the customer advocate and surface opportunities to improve the end to end customer experience.
• Teaches, models and leads ways to satisfy customers, find ways to say yes, e.g., helpful associates, complaint resolution, Store to Web.
• Personally supports, coaches and develops team members across all brand departments by creating an environment where our associates can be successful.
• Facilitates dialogue between front-line associates and the store leadership team.
• Focuses the entrepreneurial energy of the team on delivering over the top customer service and associate pride.
• Leads and embeds all Retail Services plans/projects using common enterprise-wide tools, processes and language. (No store programs.)
• Understands, leads, and embeds a standardized operating model that will earn preferred provider status in every store.
• Rigorously inspects compliance with our operating model for consistency within the Home Improvement Department.
• Executes and supports the client’s plan utilizing outlier reporting, scorecards and standardized reporting.
• Leads and monitors store level margin drivers, e.g., solution selling, accessory attachment rate, inactive inventory, price change execution.
• Achieves all miscellaneous income plans e.g., smart plans, protection agreements, new account generation.
• Achieves controllable cost plans relative to department and identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities to associates and teams.
• Communicates opportunities and solutions that will allow clients to meet/exceed profit plans.
Effective Decision Making:
• Provides Store Manager with fact based, real time feedback on the product life cycle including assortment, pricing, inventory flow, marketing support, transition/exit strategies, etc. in order to highlight opportunities for clients.
• Utilizes quantitative and qualitative data to measure and achieve desired outcomes and address outlier opportunities.
• Consistently provides a sense of urgency to maintain standards while obtaining associate buy-in.
To apply for this job, contact: