Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Sr Engineering Manager – Communications Embedded Software
This position is responsible for managing the engineering development and program execution of Embedded Software Communications programs for Rockwell Collins Government Systems (RCGS). Responsibilities include engineering management and engaged involvement in all aspects of embedded software development and integration efforts as well as project management skills including SPI and CPI analysis.
Candidate will work directly with and/or manage daily activities of software engineers, project engineering, program management, and supporting organizations to develop embedded software for military communications products based on software defined radio architectures.
Responsibilities include planning, organizing, resource allocation, personnel development, performance reviews, salary planning, and overall group management software engineers.
Candidate will lead the engineering team using strong interaction, interpersonal, mentoring and negotiating skills, and will be responsible for managing project risks/issues and elevating to upper management when appropriate. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for adhering to, and supporting Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements.
The position requires project execution direction to the engineering team.
Candidate must demonstrate sound decision making skills, communication skills, networking skills, and able to accurately forecast project work and costs. A successful candidate will also have a high-level understanding of systems and hardware development.
A strong candidate will have at least eight years of software development and/or management experience in embedded software.
A successful candidate will have working knowledge of software development and use of C and embedded software. Extensive experience in all software development phases from concept, Preliminary Design (PDR), Critical Design (CDR), code and unit testing, software\hardware integration and product deliveries is highly desired.
Candidate will work directly with systems engineering teams and coordinate requirements identification, development and acceptance testing of software deliveries. A successful candidate will need the ability to matrix multiple programs and development tasks while supporting the various projects objectives of cost and schedule.
The following are considered benefits to the candidate's ability to learn or have familiarity with: software defined radios architectures, networking communications waveforms, experience with bid narrative write-ups, earned value reporting, configuration management tools such as Subversion, SEER-SEM estimation modeling tool. Experience in use of embedded Operating Systems using Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks, and\or LynxOS is a plus. Experience with Ethernet and routing protocols, wireless technologies, radio systems development and network design is considered a plus.
• Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Top Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements. Candidates with a current clearance or within 2 year reinstatement window will be given preference.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline is required
• Practical experience in all aspects\phases of embedded software development & design is required
• Practical project planning and management experience is required
• Process/Project leadership of embedded software development is required
• Ability to matrix multiple development tasks within cost & schedule objectives
• Earned value experience is a plus
• Applied experience developing software in C\C is a plus
• Practical experience in radio systems development and network design is a plus
• Proven ability to guide and lead software development processes is a plus
• Experience with configuration management tools is a plus
• Experience with SEER-SEM estimation modeling tool is a plus
• Managing and preparing proposal documentation is a plus
• Demonstrated experience working with customers and engineers is a plus
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Engineering Support*
**Organization:** **Communications Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Manager, Engineering - Communications Embedded Software*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *ENG000000PJ*
To apply for this job, contact: