Full Time Employee
Space Systems Engineer (Job Number:422596)
The Space Systems Engineer plays a key role in helping the government integrate satellites into its operational baseline. This professional will be involved throughout the development lifecycle by analyzing and developing concepts of operations, requirements, participating in design reviews, analyzing test results during verification and validation, coordinating with satellite operators to ensure validity of operational processes and procedures, through vehicle launch and initialization. As a SETA, he/she will often work multiple projects and related tasks with the expectation he/she will address broad, strategic issues (e.g. policies, concept of operations, stakeholder engagement, contract management) as well as tactical concerns (e.g. near term schedules, testing, readiness reviews). He/she must be a self-starter who takes the initiative to address the government’s tasks, and proactively identifies risks, issues, and opportunities; assesses, develops, and communicates recommendations for solutions or courses of action.
Specifically, Space Systems Integration Engineer will:
- Oversee satellite integration readiness, working with other contractors and government personnel (often across multiple sites and organizational levels) and provide unbiased analysis with recommendations on courses of actions or approaches to exploit an opportunity
- Assess integration activities in the context of cross-systems dependencies (technical, resource, schedule) and present unbiased findings, analysis, and recommendations to the government managers
- Participate in project or system reviews, milestones, and/or decision gates and represent the governments interests with other stakeholders
- Support government requests for systems engineering and integration studies; process analysis and design; project management process assessments, etc. with a focus on process and resource efficiencies. He/she will present their analysis and present recommendations for implementation.
- Support the development or assessment of system Concept of Operations, Requirements Documents, Test Plans, Contract Statements of Work, Systems Engineering Plans, as well as contribute to the “staff work” requirements for the government (e.g. action items, weekly reports, etc.) to include support to government acquisitions and source selections.
- Be an articulate communicator, verbal and written, confident in presenting and defending a position to varying levels of audiences—from technical subject matter experts to senior government executives. He/she must be skilled in capturing and analyzing complex data, tailoring product content appropriate to the audience via crisp, polished products
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: TOP SECRET/SCI with POLY
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree
- 14+ years of the following:
- Satellite Operations experience
- Satellite Testing experience
- Satellite Vehicle Flight Software experience
- Space Operations
- Space Operations
- Space Operations - Space Policy
- Space Situational Awareness
- Space-Borne Reconnaissance/Surveillance Spacecraft and Launch Vehicle Engineering
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 10, 2016, 3:33:35 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FORT BELVOIR
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI CI Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: