Full Time Employee Contractor
Sr. Java Developer
CGI Federal is seeking a Java Developer for a long-term project with CBP.
- Candidate must have experience with messaging technologies such as WebSphere MQ and JMS as well as be familiar with rules-based development and functional programming.
- Familiarity with Agile processes, preferably using UML (Use Cases and Sequence diagrams).
- Experience with a CM tool such as CVS, Subversion or Rational
- Must maintain existing (legacy) applications, yet will be actively involved in new development and modernization efforts.
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years in the IT profession
- J2EE technologies
- Oracle DB, JDBC, working knowledge of JPA (Hibernate)
- Messaging: WebSphere MQ, JMS, JNDI
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks (Struts, Spring)
- Experience with Web Services: JAX-WS, JAX-RS, XML, WSDL, JAXB
- Experience with application servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, Web Services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate technical viewpoints to team members and clients
- Must be a self-starter/self-reliant to define strategies and work collaboratively to harden/publish strategies
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of tasks and deliver high quality products and customer service
- Working experience in a large complex enterprise
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: