Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
**Qualifications:** Required Experience:
• Possess six years of demonstrated experience of financial analysis or related business experience.
• Possess advanced knowledge of excel and other financial analysis tools.
• Possess strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
• Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience; identified skills and experience.
• Experience with Rockwell Collins IMS financial systems and budgeting software such as Outlook and Costpoint.
• Ability to work with various levels of management.
• Demonstrated and effective interpersonal skills with an ability to get results through others.
• Aviation industry experience and or government experience.
**Job #:** 16799BR
**Country:** United States
**FT/PT:** Full Time
**Job Description:** At Rockwell Collins - Information Management Services (IMS), it's our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins IMS as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins - IMS and help shape our future while creating yours.
A job with Rockwell Collins is an opportunity to advance your career in bold and exciting new ways. If you are an innovative and motivated individual seeking a fulfilling job with a company that delivers mission critical solutions, Rockwell Collins may have an opportunity that is the perfect fit for you.
Rockwell Collins IMS' Business Operations Business Unit in Annapolis, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst . The successful candidate will:
• Undertake modelling of business lines and creation of business models to support additional investment.
• Complete complex pricing of government opportunities. Some travel is required.
• Be responsible for monthly financial close including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, cost accruals and revenue analysis. Provide explanations for variance of actual performance to budget and projection.
• Be responsible for accurate monthly forecasting of income statements, overhead and capital. Provide explanations of changes to year end projections. Assist the business lead with developing strategy and forward looking view of financials.
• Provide ongoing analysis of service revenue and costs. Identify any issues and work with appropriate departments to resolve. Financial impacts for cost changes (ie. Vendor negotiations)
• Work with Program Management in developing annual budgets.
• Complete AR tracking, reporting and coordination. All billing issues.
• Coordinate with the Houston business (requires some travel).
• Complete special projects and ad hoc analysis as required. (Minimum revenue commitment tracking, commission calculations, trend reporting).
• Continuously improve current processes for budgeting, management reporting and forecasting for increased efficiency, accuracy and timeliness.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins IMS, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
**Amount of Travel Required:** 0%-25%
**EOE Statement:** Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: