Full Time Employee
Senior Project Manager (Job Number:422592)
SAIC has an opportunity for a successful Project Manager managing large software application development efforts. Successful delivery of projects on time and on budget is necessary as well as strong experience with budgets, schedules, issue resolution, risk mitigation, and presentation of project status. Must have strong organizational and communication skills. Willingness to learn, grow and expand capabilities. As the primary customer interface, must be able to listen to and understand customer expectations and concerns, and assure customer project is being executed effectively.
• Manage software projects through the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which includes solicitation of requirements, analysis and design, development, end-user testing, deployment and production support.
• Develop and maintain project plans to include work breakdown structures, resource assignments, resource hours, projected task completion dates for each assigned resource, overall completion dates and assumptions.
• Develop and maintain risk registers, including strategies for mitigating or avoiding risks and contingency plans for handling risk situations.
• Develop and maintain project schedules
• Conduct project kick-off meetings
• Communicate accurate project status to internal and external management on a timely basis
• Manage change to the project scope and/or schedule, following customer-defined change control procedures
- Must be able to Obtain Public Trust
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System Engineering, or similar discipline with 8+ years related experience.
• 9+ years of managing highly technical projects. MUST have the ability to understand multiple technology platforms at a high level very quickly
• Strong leadership skills (ability to motive, influence, negotiate, and see projects through each stage of development)
• Planning the estimates, critical path, dependencies, and schedules
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) at all levels of the project
• Experience using Microsoft Project
• Experience managing risks and contingency planning
• Experience managing change
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• ScrumMaster certification
• Experience using JIRA
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2016, 6:39:04 PM
Primary Location: United States-MO-KANSAS CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: