Tatitlek Corporation (http://www.tatitlek.com/)
Full Time Employee
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The Laborer will perform manual labor tasks using common hand tools and simple power equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Loads and unloads trucks, and other conveyances, moves supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrow or hand truck
- Stacks materials for storage or binning
- Collects refuse and salvageable materials
- Digs, fills, and tamps earth excavations
- Levels ground using pick, shovel, tamper and rake, shovels concrete and snow
- Cleans culverts and ditches
- Mobilize and demobilize tents, chairs and podiums
- Operates power lawn mowers, cuts trees, brush, grass, and trimming of weeds
- Moves and arranges heavy pieces of office and household furniture, equipment, and appliance, moves heavy pieces of automotive, medical engineering, and other types of machinery and equipment
- Performs minor maintenance on buildings and furniture as necessary
- Spreads sand and salt on icy roads and walkways
- Picks up leaves and trash
- Acts as ground guide when needed
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions in English
- Valid Driver's License and ability to maintain post driving privileges
- Prior lawn care experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and understand English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have the ability to work indoors or outdoors in bad weather. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop down and lift and carry ion excess of 50 pounds on a regular basis. Must possess: visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and the manual dexterity to operate hand tools.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is performed indoors and outdoors. Will be exposed to prevailing weather conditions at the time. May be exposed to inclement/extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may vary from moderate to high, depending on location.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS: Reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations. As a condition of employment, must have acceptable background check results and pass a pre-employment drug screening. This position may be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing on an unannounced basis.
Native preference applies.
The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law
To apply for this job, contact: