Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Wilsonville, OR. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Are you ready to join a team of passionate multi-skilled engineers in the development of complex electronics that make people’s lives safer? We are looking for a highly skilled self-motivated engineer to architect and design our next generation products.
Rockwell Collins HGS Electrical Engineering is responsible for all electrical engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of aerospace head-up display and guidance products, both in the commercial and military fields.
This position requires a background in FPGA design and verification. This position requires responsibility for all aspects of the FPGA design and verification beginning with requirements definition up and through the introduction of the design into manufacturing. Support of projects includes schedule preparation and reporting of status on assigned tasks as well as interaction with team members from other disciplines. This position will work with little or no supervision.
• Design FPGAs for commercial and military Head Up Displays, Helmet Mounted Displays, and Enhanced Vision Sensors per DO-254
• Define requirements for a new design and develop requirements specification
• Perform preliminary design-including block diagram, trade off studies and design reviews
• Perform detailed design-including implementation, design analysis, and design reviews
• Support board level FPGA integration
• Perform functional tests and design verification tests
• Present FPGA for FAA SOI Audits
• Oversee efforts and train less experienced FPGA designers
• Define Production Test Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) is required.
• Advanced skills with FPGA Design and Verification
• Digital Board Design
Additional skills a plus:
• System Verilog
• Process Control - Requirements capture through formal verification (DO-254)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Electrical / Hardware*
**Organization:** **Head-up Guidance Systems Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Electrical Engineer - FPGA design and verification (Portland, OR)*
**Requisition ID:** *ELE000000DR*
To apply for this job, contact: