Full Time Employee
Network Engineer (Job Number:422612)
- The Network Engineer will provide project engineering support and coordination for the transition of services from existing telecommunications and long haul communications contracts onto GSA’s new Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) contract.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and analyze customer’s existing information systems network
- Compare existing network and planned future network to existing transition requirements; evaluate and confirm that the planned solution is technically viable
- Contribute to the completion of transition project milestones by applying technical expertise to problems of moderate scope and complexity, analyzing relevant factors, and deriving and presenting technical solutions to the team and the customer to preclude impediments to transition project progress
- Implement engineering processes that provide for timely and appropriate integration of all engineering disciplines to ensure a network system design that meets all requirements
- Serve as a liaison between the information systems provider, the contracting organization, and contractor elements associated with the transition process
- Assist with technical decisions and propose alternate solutions, including cost analysis, as necessary
- Advise the customer in understanding and selecting new technologies to improve upon existing functionality while remaining within current budgetary limits
- Assist in developing technical requirements for contracting documents
- Assist in writing content for customer transition plans and related acquisition documents to identify their specific network requirements; advise agencies on options as well as transition planning activities
- Review technical proposals and pricing from vendors; reviews documents for accuracy and works with the contracting organization, other government customers, and vendor on resolving any applicable discrepancies
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of the customer’s information systems network
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent 4 years of Network Engineering experience) plus 4 years of Network Engineering experience.
- REQUIRES knowledge of telecommunications and long haul communications circuits and networking services
- REQUIRES technical writing skills and/or experience
- REQUIRES excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience/background supporting the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and/or Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization (DITCO) is preferred
LOCATION: Contractor facility in Fairview Heights, IL
US Citizenship is required.
Candidates must undergo a favorably adjudicated National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) as a condition of employment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2016, 3:01:30 PM
Primary Location: United States-IL-O'FALLON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: NACI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: