Full Time Employee
Administrative Assistant (Job Number:422448)
JOB DESCRIPTION: In addition to secretarial duties (filing, taking phone calls, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements), this position will provide administrative support to executive staff with office management responsibilities to include budgeting, personnel records and payroll. The Administrative Assistant may be required to work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials. SCA - Directory of Occupation Codes (5th Edition) N/A
- SAIC is seeking a Administrative Assistant to provide support on- site in the Pentagon
- The candidate will support the the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD), Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE), Information Management and Analysis Group (IMAG)
- The candidate will assign and track suspense actions within CAPE and outside CAPE using the OSD Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS) system.
- The candidate will work with high-speed scanners and scan large documents and organize the documents within CAPE’s electronic document library.
- The candidate’s duties will include delivering and receiving mail from different CAPE and other Component Offices.
- The candidate will work with MS SharePoint and will organize files within the library.
- The candidate will work directly with CAPE staff and provide support document analysis and identification.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: N/A
Required Educational Background:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Superior administrative and document management skills
- Poised, articulate, and comfortable working with senior government officials.
- 1-3 years experience working with the Department of Defense.
- Comfortable using database systems and must be able to work with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with defense correspondence processes and procedures including use of decision support systems like CATMS, Congressional Hearing and Reporting Requirements Tracking System (CHARRTS), and the DoD Issuances Portal.
- Basic DoD record management processes and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including MS SharePoint.
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
- No travel anticipated
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance required Military Base access required (Pentagon)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2016, 4:32:50 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: