HEXAGON MANUFACTURING INTELLIGENCE (http://www.hexagonmi.com/)
Full Time Employee
Attention Event Planners! Are you looking for a career opportunity in a professional setting where the atmosphere is friendly and collaborative, and the culture innovative and entrepreneurial? Hexagon Metrology, Inc. (part of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence) is seeking an experienced Event Planner to join our Corporate Marketing and Communications Department in North Kingstown, Rhode Island. If you have a passion for event planning, the desire to grow with a dynamic global company, to be recognized for your contributions, and thrive in a fast-paced, exciting environment, we want to hear from you!
As the Event Planner, you will be responsible for organizing and managing company events, including conferences, major employee meetings, customer events and seminars, as well as virtual events, such as webinars. This highly motivated individual will also manage all deliverables, timelines, budget and stake holder expectations through tracking and reporting.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
• Managing all event project delivery elements within time limits of customer conference and internal meetings
• Being the liaison with various global and local stake holders within the company as well as external customers to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
• Providing feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
• Proposing ideas to improve provided services and event quality
• Organizing facilities and managing all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
• Ensuring compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
• Specifying staff requirements and coordinate their activities
• Cooperating with other marketing staff and PR to promote and publicize event
• Proactively handling any arising issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on event days
• Conducting pre and post–event evaluations and reporting on outcomes
• Researching market, identifying event opportunities, and generating interest
• Staying current with industry practices on marketing communications using knowledge to impact department initiatives
• Accomplishing organizational goals by accepting ownership of new and different requests
• Acting as a brand champion in the organization and ensuring that use of the brand is compliant
• Travel up to 20%, mostly domestic with possible occasional international travel
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
• 5 years of job-related experience
• 3+ years in a business-to-business marketing role
• Demonstrated experience in event management
• Experience with electronic marketing techniques (keyword advertising, CRM, marketing automation, e-mail marketing, webinars, etc.)
• Demonstrated project management responsibilities
• Ability to organize, influence and negotiate both within and outside of the organization
• Strong peer leadership and influence skills with a proven ability to drive results through others in a non-reporting relationship
• Demonstrated creativity related to identifying, planning and staging events
• Highly organized with attention to detail from project inception to completion
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, excellent grammar
• High level of proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Experience with project management, workflow management or event planning tools helpful
• Ability to learn new marketing technology tools easily
• Multi-tasking self-starter with a can-do attitude
• Experience attending HxGN LIVE or similar global, company-sponsored event extremely helpful
• Ability to lift 30 lbs.
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, imagination, skill, teamwork, and diversity of our employees. Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. We offer the latest technology, a stimulating work environment, and career opportunities working alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry.
WE OFFER A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Paid time off
Tuition reimbursement thru advanced degrees
…and so much more!
Our location in the Quonset Business Park on the sparkling waters of Narragansett Bay offers easy access to I-95, free onsite parking, and an abundance of possible activities for lunch hours and before or after work.
At this time we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ? M/F/Vet/Disability ? E-Verify Participant
To apply for this job, contact: