General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
Please paste the detailed description of the job in the text box below:
Provides installation; maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures network hardware and software.
3. Provides network troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Administers network security.
6. Backs up file server data/disks.
7. Provides minor to moderately complex server maintenance.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9.Communications Focal Point - The tasks required:
* Assist as the focal point for problem resolution and primary point of contact for problems (coordinate with Client Support Technicians (CSTs) for physical resolution; as required).
* Uses a central repository for technical advice and solutions for network systems; (CST/CFP drive; Tier 0; etc.); software applications assistance; automatic data processing support; hardware exchange; and repair service support.
* Monitors network components for availability and/or negative trends using the standard Network Management System.
* Assist with reporting network performance metrics using Remedy Action Reporting System.
* Utilize Remedy to enter; document; track; coordinate; route; resolve; and close user ticket issues.
* May be required to visit other locations to resolve minor hardware/software/network malfunctions.
* Other duties/responsibilities include AF portal account management; developing short training topics; administer minor changes on the telephone switch (reset passwords; etc.); and pulling LAN and telephone drops; as required.
* Coordinate with ESD; MSE; ASE; and ESU to work all user issues.
* Work with central server; user; and server-launched application licenses to prevent unlicensed software from being used on the network.
* Ensures all computers and networking equipment is configured according to a standard plan compliant with Air Force Network (AFNET) security policy.
* Image/reimage/work-assist tech refresh for workstations (e.g.; laptops; desktops; tablets; etc.); printer support; hand-held mobile devices; etc.
* Assists in evaluation; testing; documenting; deploying new user-base technology.
* Function as an equipment custodian; as needed.
* Resolves wireless network issues.
* Assist with local user training and training assistances; perform initial fault assessment and resolution. Assist in working; coordinating; documenting; resolving; and closing trouble tickets when tasked and coordinate activities with Client Support Technicians (CSTs).
* Manage the AFNet Remedy queues located at and/or supporting the base/users.
* Base level support will include those tasks required by the AFNet related to user support as Information Assurance Officers (IAOs) as tasked.
* Utilize Remedy Management System (RMS) or similar service; maintain historical database of reported problems; and associated events; provide the local AO with statistics of calls received; number of trouble tickets submitted; average resolution time; listing of technical bulletins and information guides issued; and trend analysis information.
* Preparation and coordination with user and the government; reports of software; operational; or documentation deficiencies.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
* 1-3 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
Required: Active Secret security clearance
Required: Current CompTIA Security+ CE certification
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: