General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
Software Engineer, Scientific
Please paste the detailed description of the job in the text box below:
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
* Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
* Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
* Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
* Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
* Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
* Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
* Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
* Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Provide programming support to implement physics-based algorithms into software code, and integrate codes into a GUI driven software suite.
* Assist in the development of GUIs to create, run, and display simulation results for an electromagnetic bioeffects code suite.
* Provide principal programming support for the Electromagnetic Modeling (EM) team writing new and maintain existing parallel codes and tools in C/C++ and Matlab to run on remote DoD and local High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters
* Research, investigate, and implement multi-scale biological modeling efforts.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* Masters or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* Post-graduate experience using scientific computing techniques in an academic research or similar environment would be ideal.
* 8-10 years of related software development experience.
* Demonstrated expertise participating in research and development activities including collabo rations with researchers to produce new HPC/parallel computing techniques and applications.
* Proficiency with C/C++ , MathLab, Python, code integration, performance benchmarking, and optimization of scientific models in product applications.
* Software testing and validation.
* GUI design / programming in UI frameworks such as Qt.
* Proficiency with threading constructs and design patterns.
* GPU programming on Linux / Windows operating systems.
* Developing cross-platform software products deployable on both Linux and Microsoft Windows environments.
* Integrating and testing applications on secure operating system environments.
* Experience with scientific visualization, and parallel scientific codes.
* Experience with Finite-Difference Time-Domain modeling and/or finite element analysis and software
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: