Full Time Employee
Network Engineer (Job Number:422697)
We are looking for the following requirements for the position in the Network Support Team.
- Team primary responsibilities lie in the configuration, management, support and maintenance of the US Army Recruiting Command Services (RSN) network.
- Team provides 24X7 support for all RSN communications equipment (routers, switches, hubs, terminal servers, wireless access points, VPN concentrators, and UPS) and circuits in the network while providing on call coverage on a monthly rotation cycle.
- Candidate will be expected to be the technical subject matter expert on communication solutions operating under minimum supervision for a large complex enterprise organization.
- Is responsible for evaluating and analyzing the performance of communications services, defining communication baselines and communications service levels for the enterprise.
- Is responsible for the implementation of control and monitoring systems to assist in the evaluation of performance of communications services.
- Is responsible for the full documentation of the enterprise communications architecture to include drawings, diagrams, operations manuals and other applicable data.
- Supervises and mentors less experienced staff.
- Provide engineering planning and management support
- Determine optimal routing through the network
- Can work independently on most efforts.
Mandatory Technical Requirements:
- 2 years of related experience and a Bachelor degree in Computer Science field or zero years’ experience and a Master’s degree. Four additional years of general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree
- Individual must have a comprehensive level of network expertise and minimum 2 years of working experience with Cisco Internet Operating System (ISO), Cisco security devices and wireless networking and/or have a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certificate and a minimum of 2 years' experience
- Individual must be fully capable of addressing all levels of trouble calls or network events
- Strong network technology concepts and experience, especially Ethernet & IP
- Very strong working experience with Fiber Optics, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Gateway, DTE & DCE equipment
- Working experience on data communication equipment – Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Cable Tester, TAM Tester, optical power meter, etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, fast technology learner and ability to independently perform tasks
- Ability to troubleshoot network performance problems
- Ability to develop and recommend strategies that will increase reliability, availability and uptime
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards a must
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to get one. Must have an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
- Must be able to obtain the Security+ certification and provide proof that the candidate is enrolled into the CompTIA Continuing Education program before start
- Secondary certification relative to the Computing Environment (CCNA, CCNP)
- Must sign privileged level access agreement Skills/Abilities:
- People skills, team player, strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to troubleshoot problems quickly, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client- facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi-task
- Ability to train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, problem isolation
- Ability to develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2016, 11:45:17 AM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: