Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Provides collection of blood specimens from patients and assumes responsibility for processing of specimens, data entry and point of care testing following established standards and practices.
- Must have a high school diploma or U.S. equivalent.
- Must have two years of Phlebotomy experience.
- Prefer registration as a Phlebotomy Technician by ASCP.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete 90% of all collections within the 90 day probationary period.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records and logs.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of a personal computer and be able to learn and efficiently use required software.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective organizational skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill in meeting age related and handicapped patients' needs.
- Must be able to cooperate with patients, visitors and hospital staff.
- Must be able to handle detailed work and maintain a pleasant demeanor while under pressure and stress.
- Must have clear speech, normal hearing and good visual acuity.
- Must be able to move rapidly from one location to the next.
- Must be able to make decisions and solve problems.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.Phlebotomy Services
To apply for this job, contact: