Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for basic specimen processing and testing to assist physicians in the diagnosis of patients.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a related science field, from a regionally accredited college or university.
Must be certified by one of the following:
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) - Department of Health Services (HHS) formally (HEW)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) - American Medical Technologist (AMT)
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to follow all laboratory procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of laboratory techniques.
- Must be able to satisfactorily operate, maintain, and troubleshoot a variety of laboratory
- Must be able to identify and appropriately address problems adversely affecting test results.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records, follow oral and written instructions, and
communicate effectively with various hospital personnel and medical staff.
- Must be able to use laboratory and hospital computer systems appropriately to accomplish assigned work within three months of employment.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.Rapid Response Lab
To apply for this job, contact: