Full Time Employee
Java Developer (SR533) (Job Number:422703)
Outstanding software developer professional is needed to design, develop and integrate software modules into a large modular framework in support of an extensible satellite ground station infrastructure. Developer will use Java/JEE and/or C++ to design and build features in support of the needs of our mission customers. The role includes defining requirements and implementing the solution in the context of an agile development environment. The role will solve moderately complex problems and may require complex solutions. Some travel may be required.
- Defines, designs and implements programs integrating multiple software systems, modules and technologies.
- Develops software that is object oriented and conforms to program standards to ensure re-usability and repeat ability.
- Works with version management system to control the release of changes
- Works with bug tracking to resolve moderately complex issues and ensures that all bugs along with solutions are documented.
- Able to work closely with design team offering input and also closely works with customers to ensure solutions will meet requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate in oral and written form and to work in a team environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of working knowledge and experience with object-oriented software development using Java/JEE and/or C++ to do system integration of multiple technologies and diverse systems. Demonstrated software integration and development skills and familiarity with modern software development methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Working knowledge/experience with Unix/Linux and Windows operating environments.
- Experience working on a large complex team in a large complex environment critical to the person's success.
- Experience working with GitHub for version management and JIRA for bug tracking or a similar systems Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Candidate can start uncleared but must be able to obtain a DOE Q clearance and /SCI clearance which may include a polygraph test Desired Skills
- Agile (Computer Technology) - Level 1: 1-3 yrs
- Practical experience in developing integration frameworks for distributed real-time processing of sensor data.
- Practical experience in developing with open- source, GOTS or COTS-based messaging, integration, data store and application server technology.
- Experience developing in an object oriented and multithreaded programs using C++
- Practical experience with enterprise application development using Java Enterprise Edition (JEE). Practical experience with enterprise Web Service development, SOA, and related standards.
- Practical experience with MATLAB or other numerical computing platform.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 9, 2017, 9:24:35 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: