HEXAGON MANUFACTURING INTELLIGENCE (http://www.hexagonmi.com/)
Full Time Employee
Hexagon Metrology, Inc., part of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, is seeking an experienced Applications Engineering Supervisor in Miamisburg, Ohio. If you have the desire to grow in a dynamic company with a global presence and to be recognized for your contributions, look to Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence! We help industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow!
The Applications Engineering Supervisor provides technical sales support for all applications of Hexagon products encompassing metrology, demonstration, functionality, and performance. In addition, h/she is responsible for quoting and managing contract programming tasks and performing product training.
The successful candidate will have the ability to organize activities of others, determine customer needs, instruct others in how to do their jobs, illustrate points effectively, and perform work involving a high degree of accuracy while always being on the lookout for better ways of doing the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
o Responsible for managing the daily schedule of specified office.
o Responsible for fielding applications inquiries from sales force and customers.
o Provide product demonstrations of our hardware and software to prospective customers.
o Effectively communicate benefits of Hexagon’s products for complex metrology applications
o Assist regional sales team, provide product recommendations for customers’ applications
o Develop, prepare and conduct training classes to customers in machine operations and programming (usually in groups of 5-12 people)
o Create training programs and tools to meet customer’s needs
o Foster participation and relationships with our customers through effective interaction
o Ability to teach the highest level training classes.
• Contract Programming
o Prepare detailed technical specifications for quotations
o Create programs ranging from simple inspection to complicated logic based graphical user interfaces based on customer specifications.
o Must be able to manage programming and turn key projects with no guidance.
• Technical Support
o Provide technical support to our customers onsite and by phone
o Take a challenging issue from problem statement through to resolution and follow-up.
o Assist engineering and marketing groups in new product development from inception through release
• Proficiency in many metrology softwares or high-level expertise in one
• Expertise with multiple sensors
• High-level knowledge of GD&T
• High-level knowledge of GR&R methods
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
• High-level knowledge of metrology fixture design
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, Mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, or similar environment.
• Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable speaking before small groups.
• Proficient in programming
• Solid knowledge of 3D CAD
• GD&T knowledge
• GR&R knowledge
• Ability to establish leadership presence, motivate and influence
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Ability to efficiently and accurately manage multiple priorities
• Team mentality
• Effective interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Up to 50% travel may be required
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. We offer the latest technology, a stimulating work environment, and career opportunities working alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Paid time off
Tuition reimbursement thru advanced degrees
…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ? M/F/Vet/Disability ? E-Verify Participant
To apply for this job, contact: