First Citizens Bank (www.fcb.com)
Full Time Employee
Systems Engineer II (Desktop Support)
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
Apply with LinkedIn
Job ID #: 27220
Functional Area: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time Exempt
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 4 years
Days and Hours: M-F / 8-5
Physical Address: 100 East Tryon Road, Raleigh, NC 27603
Department Name: Information Technology
First Citizens Bank is one of the top financial services providers in the nation, recognized and awarded for our customer satisfaction, sustainable profitability, and overall stability and security. Our associates make First Citizens Bank a great place for our clients to do business. Those who grow, achieve and succeed with First Citizens Bank are those who share our core values of integrity, service excellence and stability.
As a Desktop Support Engineer II, you will be a member of the bank’s End User Computing team. This position will provide daily production support of the bank’s the desktop environment and technical guidance to teammates and colleagues. This position will be responsible for installing, maintaining, tuning, debugging, and performing the daily administration services for the bank’s systems.
- Partner with the Desktop Engineering team to rollout new software/hardware and troubleshoot system wide issues.
- Act as an escalation point for other Desktop Support and Service Desk technicians.
Associate’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of work experience in a desktop engineering or operations role in an enterprise environment.
High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 6 years of work experience in a desktop engineering or operations role in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10 support.
- Experience with SCCM, MS Office Suite, email, network infrastructure, TCP/IP, VOIP, and in depth hardware/software troubleshooting skills.
- Support experience should include installation, setup and configuration, and troubleshooting with emphasis on the corporate End User Computing environment.
- Project management skills (departmental to enterprise projects)
- Working knowledge of batch files, Visual Basic Script, WMI and PowerShell scripts
- An understanding of Active Directory users, groups, and group policies
- Additional training in area of specialization.
- Strong technical abilities, quick study of new technology via on the job training, the intellect to resolve complex problems logically and methodically, and good judgment to involve and communicate with vendors, senior level technicians, and management.
- Ability to be on call 24 x 7 x 365.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 5-10%
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Certifications such as A+ , Network+, MCP, MCSE, MCSA
- Associates degree or higher in Computer Science.
- Banking/financial services industry experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job, contact: