Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software Engineer to join our team in Sterling, VA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is located in Sterling, VA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
This software engineering position is within the Rockwell Collins Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops, builds and modifies simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability (HLA/DIS).
• Contribute to software engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation for moderate complexity software designs
• Design, code, test, integrate and document software of moderate complexity within software services, software components, software test tools and software test scripts.
• Develop and document component and moderate changes to software requirements documentation, applying knowledge of processes, tools and methods in the management and tracking of software requirements baseline.
• Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems of moderate complexity.
• Contribute to the engineering estimates for tasks such as change requests or problem reports.
• Create unit testing ability (along with continued regression testing ability) such that software components may be developed and comprehensively tested in a simulation environment – if such an environment does not exist, consider various alternatives to create one.
• Apply techniques and skills required to identify a root cause of a given software integration issue.
• Escalate encountered technical software issues to project leadership in a timely fashion.
• BA or BS degree in CS or Computer Engineering required
• Strong OOP skills including STL, templates
• 3 years of programming experience with developing applications and Languages: .NET 4.0, C / C and Microsoft Visual Studio
• Experience with software engineering concepts and the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation and test)
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Scripting Languages (Python, Perl, etc.)
• Real-time programming
• Source code control (SVN, Git, ClearCase etc.)
• Flight Simulation software modeling experience
• Graphical User Interface (GUI) experience
• O/S : Windows 7, Windows 10, VxWorks, LINUX
Active Secret Level clearance is required or candidate must have had an active clearance within the last 24 months.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **STS Engineering-Mgmt*
**Title:** *Software Engineer - Simulation & Training Solutions*
**Location:** *Virginia-Sterling, VA*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000I5*
To apply for this job, contact: