Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2015 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Software Engineer - Embedded Communications
Become an integral part of the growing Government Systems Communication Engineering Organization! This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified applicants.
As a Software Engineer in Communications Software & Hardware Engineering organization, you will be involved in the innovative design and development of our next generation of embedded Communication Products covering all spectrum bands and multiple airborne and ground platforms. Examples of these products range from high-frequency radios to secure, sophisticated software-defined radios that can enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
To learn more about the opportunities in software engineering at Rockwell Collins and the latest TruNet software defined network communications solution, watch:
Rockwell Collins Software Engineering Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AnVUaiEnZk
Rockwell Collins TruNet Products Page - https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Data/Products/Communications_and_Networks/Communication_Radios/TruNet_networked_communications_solution.aspx
• Designing, developing and testing embedded software in communications products for the U.S. military and international customers
• Collaborating on software requirements and design
• Unit testing and performing software/hardware integration
• Helping to solve complex software and systems problems
Candidates must have the following skills or qualifications:
• Must possess or be eligible for obtaining and maintaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Professional experience with object-oriented analysis, design, and development (e.g., in C , Java, etc.)
• Excellent communications skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form
• Excel working in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
• Be familiar with standard software development practices and willing to adapt them to Rockwell Collins software development processes.
• Consistently produce superior results, keeping projects on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
Preferred, but not required, experience/skills with any of the following:
• Radio communications systems
• Multi-threaded embedded application software development and integration in C
• Unified Modeling Language (UML) and design patterns
• Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) and Extensible Markup Language (XML)
• IP networking and networking protocols, particularly with network service layers 2 and 3
• Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
• Comfortable working in a Linux development environment
• Mobile ad-hoc networks (MANETs)
• Scripting languages such as python and perl
• Digital signal processing
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Communications Engineering*
**Title:** *Software Engineer - Embedded Communications (Cedar Rapids, IA)*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *SOF000000I6*
To apply for this job, contact: